Some of Vita’s Vegan Ventures
For pictures and more details, click on links.
*Healing Lemonade Demonstration for Lumen8Anacostia’s Lumen8 Food Week, July 10, 2013. Click here for the album.
* Featured in East of the River Magazine, “Vegan Vitality,” July 2013 Issue.
* Healing Lemonade Demonstration for Project Playtime (for kids ages 3-12) at D.C. General Hospital, July 25, 2013.
* Lucious Lemonades and Carrot Salad Demonstration for Office of Minority Health’s Baby Buggy Parade to raise infant mortality awareness, Baltimore, Maryland, September 22, 2012
* Featured guest, Healthy Food Happy You, a vegan television cooking show, Thanksgiving Episode 2012
* Interviewee, “Eating Well,” University of Tennessee’s Tennessee Alumnus Magazine,
August 13, 2012
* Featured Guest, Kulcha Shak, We Act Radio, AM 1480, April 19, 2012
* Blog posts in the The Root DC, including “Better Than Candied Yams”, November 9, 2011
* Presenter, Forum on the Omnivore’s Dilemma, Fieldston School, Bronx, New York, October 18, 2011
* Food Demonstration for Saks Fifth Avenue Fashion Night Out, sponsored by Saks, March of Dimes, and Office of Minority Health, covered in Contradictions, Saks and Vegan Soul by Fia Curley, September, 10, 2011
* Guest blogger, “Eat Green,” Nature Conservancy, April 11, 2011
* Instructor, Vita’s Vegan Kitchen, a 4-day long ethnic vegan cooking workshop for 9th-12th graders, Maret School; Spring 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
* Led Cooking Series, Eat Smart Program, Vegetarian Society of D.C., Spring 2009
* Lecturer, “Veganism, Improvisation, and Soul Food,” Hood College, 2010
* Featured in “Vegan Soul Grows in Anacostia, “ The Washington Post, October 10, 2007.
* Overall Chili Champ in Anacostia Farmer’s Market Chili Cookoff 2007; Judges included Former DC Mayor Adrian Fenty and Bonnie, S. Benwick, food editor from The Washington Post, 2007.
* Winner, The People’s Choice Award with a vegan chili against all other meat chilies, Anacostia Farmer’s Market Chili Cookoff, 2005, 2006, 2007